Here’s how I created (on accident) this amazingly-tasty homemade Sunny D recipe…

Looking back at my childhood, SunnyD was the drink my mom would never buy; she insisted it was “bad for me” and as it turns out, the original SunnyD only contained 2% juice. The remaining 98% consisted of: water, high fructose corn syrup! No wonder I gulped it down every chance I got… it was PURE SUGAR.

Check out the OG SunnyD nutrition facts:

sunny delight nutrition facts

As an adult, and armed with my favorite juicer, the Nama J2 Juicer, I did my best at creating a Sunny Delight Juice recipe that didn’t contain any processed sugar, actually contained real vitamins and minerals, and wouldn’t be shunned by my mom.

And I did it. I created a masterpiece!


Sunny Delight

Michael Johnson
Looking back at my childhood, SunnyD was the drink my mom would never buy; she insisted it was “bad for me” and as it turns out, the original SunnyD only contained 2% juice! Try this recipe if you're craving SunnyD but don't like empty calories!
5 from 2 votes
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Juicing Time 4 minutes
Total Time 6 minutes
Course Drinks, Juices
Cuisine American
Servings 4 Servings
Calories 149 kcal


  • 1 Nama Juicer We LOVE our Nama but you're welcome to use any juicer


  • 1/2 lime (with peel)
  • 4 oranges (peel removed, white flesh intact)
  • 3 carrots
  • 1 pineapple (skin removed)
  • 1 piece ginger (thumb sized)


  • Juice all ingredients!


The only sugar in this recipe comes from fruit, which is much better for you from a health standpoint than the high-processed junk that comes from a warehouse.


Serving: 8ozCalories: 149kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 2.5gFat: 0.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.25gSodium: 39mgPotassium: 559mgSugar: 25gVitamin A: 198IUVitamin C: 138mgCalcium: 70mgIron: 1.5mg
Keyword juice, sunny d, sunny delight
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!

Inside the Sunny Delight Juice Recipe


Limes are very high in vitamin C, contain antioxidants, and many other nutrients. I bet a few drops of lime juice would beat out an entire serving of SunnyD’s vitamins. No doubt.



One 140 gram orange contains 92% of your daily Vitamin C needs. They’re also powerhouses when it comes to fighting depression. Oranges contain Hesperidin, a “flavonoid” antioxidant that has possible blood pressure-lowering powers, decreases inflammation, and does other amazing things for the body!



If you’re low on Vitamin A, eat a carrot. They contain 73% of your daily requirement of vitamin A and 9% of your daily vitamin K. Plus, because of the beta-carotene in carrots, they can actually change your skin color if you drink enough. Forget sunbathing and potentially getting cancer; drink more carrot juice.



My wife and I are doing IVF in February (2022) for the first time and we’ve read that pineapples are associated with fertility. They have plenty of nutrients, are a low-calorie fruit high in vitamins and minerals, they can promote healing of tissues, they fight inflammation, and aid in digestion.



Adding ginger to our Sunny Delight Juice recipe was a happy accident. While providing a great, crisp and boosts flavor, ginger also contains a TON of antioxidants and compounds that relieve stress and damage to your DNA.

We used our Nama J2 Juicer and it had NO problem extracting the fiber from the liquid. We LOVE our Nama juicer and consider it the best juicer machine!

Check out the Sunny Delight Juice Recipe on YouTube that shows off our Nama J2 juicer and this delicious recipe!

If you want a tasty treat for you, your family, or anyone else you love, this is the Sunny Delight Juice recipe for you. Try it out and let me know how you like it in the comments below!

About Michael Johnson

I'm not your typical social-media guy. I don't have washboard abs, I don't live on a beach, and I don't always eat a smoothie bowl for breakfast. However, I love sharing insights & tips for those interested in going plant-based!

Some links on this page may be affiliate links. Clicking a link and purchasing a product from the company may give us a small commission but please note, this is at zero extra cost to you. All of the opinions expressed here are our own.