For me, the worst thing about eating sweet potatoes is the difficulty in preparing them. I mean, yes, you can always cook them whole in the microwave for 10 minutes but that gets pretty boring, pretty quickly.
However, upon my trip to Harmon’s grocery store, I came across these new sweet potato slices (freezer aisle) that have made my life so much easier AND much more enjoyable!
They’re called Sweet PotaTOASTS, from the makers of CAULIPOWER!
What you get are slices of sweet potato with minimal seasoning. These really allow me to get creative in the kitchen!
With these slices, there is NO:
- Prep work
Plus, if you’re gluten-free or just trying to avoid gluten, these are a much healthier option than processed gluten-free bread!
Sure, peeling 1 sweet potato isn’t too difficult or time consuming but that’s not the hard part. Whenever I’ve used even my sharpest knife to slice the potato long-ways, it is literally the worst thing ever. If you’ve tried this before, you probably felt like your knife was going to break because sweet potatoes are super hard and dense. It’s really tough getting evenly-sliced pieces, even with a mandoline.
That’s where these bad boys come in.
I’ve cooked these slices two different ways: oven and toaster. So far, my favorite way is the oven. The slices come out a little crispier and are not so mushy but both ways are great.
I’ll be honest, I was skeptical at first and didn’t think they’d taste very good, especially with toppings that go so well on bread, like peanut butter, avocado, or bananas, but they really are amazing!
If you are following a Whole 30, Paleo, Vegan or Vegetarian diet, these are an excellent source of vitamin A & C, a good source of fiber & vitamin B6!
I created 5 different varieties…
1) Peanut butter, apple slices, toasted and sweetened coconut, chia seeds, cinnamon:
2) Plain hummus, spring mix, cherry tomatoes:
3) Peanut butter, blueberries, slivered almonds:
4) Plain hummus, cucumber, shredded yellow squash:
5) Cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, basil, salt/pepper, tiny bit of olive oil, and balsamic vinegar:
Find where to buy Sweet PotaTOASTS, from the makers of CAULIPOWER here.
$3 mobile wallet rebate offer!
- Save the offer to your mobile wallet
- Purchase Sweet PotaTOASTS, from the makers of CAULIPOWER and keep your receipt!
- Open the card in your mobile wallet and tap on the “Scan Receipt” link
- Receive $3 via PayPal