Check out this delicious candied yam recipe with fresh yams. It’s sweet, savory, and packs a ton of flavors into each bite. With only 5 ingredients, you’re probably wondering how this dish gets all its flavor!
– 6 large cooked yams
– 1 stick of vegan butter (1/2 cup)
– 2 cups packed light brown sugar
– 3 Tbsp. corn starch
– 1 can crushed pineapple
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Slice/mash 6 large cooked yams into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
– Melt one stick of vegan butter in a saucepan. Add 2 cups packed brown sugar.
– Mix ½ cup cold water with 3 Tbsp. corn starch. Add to melted butter and sugar.
– Add one can crushed pineapple, undrained.
– Boil until thickened, stirring constantly.
– Pour over sliced yams. Bake, uncovered, at 350 until bubbly.
– Remove from oven