If you’ve ever been craving cookies but didn’t want any extra butter or eggs, we’ve got the best-tasting, vegan snickerdoodle recipe ever! Now these cookies aren’t just plain old crunchy, stale-like cookies…these are soft, moist and very delicious. In our opinion (and the opinion of many other people), these are the best tasting cookies ever. And the best part is they’re really easy to make and don’t take long to bake.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup light brown sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 2/3 cup vegetable/olive oil (I use olive oil)
– 1/4 cup soy milk/almond milk (I use soy milk)
– 1 tsp. vanilla
– Cinnamon and sugar mixture (1/3 cup white sugar, 2 Tbsp cinnamon)
– Preheat oven to 350˚F degrees
– In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
– In another bowl, combine the olive oil, milk, and vanilla.
– Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well with a spoon. We prefer mixing with our hands but it’s up to you 🙂
– Roll dough into 1-inch compact balls
– Roll dough into cinnamon and sugar mixture until completely coated
– Place dough on cookie sheet (no need to coat with cooking spray) and squish them down with a spatula to form saucers.
– Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on your love for either soft or hard cookies). Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
We feel another one of the reasons why this recipe is so awesome is because you can eat the raw dough and not worry about salmonella! This is a recipe we’ve been using for a while and everyone that tries them…LOVES them.
Did you end up making this recipe? Tell us how they turned out!