Vegan Cinnamon Buns
If you think you've tried the best vegan cinnamon buns before, you're probably wrong. These are so flavorful, gooey, and soft! You've gotta give these a try!!
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp warm soy or almond milk
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 3/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp coconut oil melted
- 3 cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 to 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Optional: Add a little extra coconut oil, brown sugar, raisins, and pecans for extra filling.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup soy or almond milk I used unsweetened
- Optional: Increase the amounts a little bit for more glaze.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 4 tbsp soy or almond milk (plus more to thin, if needed)
- Optional: Increase the amounts a little bit for more cashew drizzle.
- Combine all dough ingredients in a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
- Knead for 6-8 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Coat a large bowl with a light amount of canola oil, create a round ball with the dough, and roll the dough around in the oil to coat the dough ball.
- Place a damp dish towel over the dough in the bowl.
- Let the dough rise until approximately doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into an approx. 19" X 16" rectangle.
- Spread evenly with 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup brown sugar, raisins and pecans.
- Starting from the longest edge closest to you, roll the dough away from you (encasing the filling inside).
- Place the rolled dough seam side down and cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Line a 9" x 12" baking pan with parchment paper, spread with a little bit of coconut oil, top with a sprinkle of brown sugar and some chopped pecans.
- Place the 8 cinnamon buns (two rows of 4), cut side facing up, into the baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until the buns have filled out the entire baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Bake cinnamon buns for 35-40 minutes.
- About 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through cooking, cover them with a layer of aluminum foil to prevent them from getting too brown.
Pecan Raisin Glaze
- Combine all ingredients, bring to a simmer in a small saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes over low heat. It will be runny, not thick. Pour immediately over warm cinnamon buns, working some of the pecans into the crevices on top.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender (Vita Mix is best), blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add more almond milk to thin if necessary.
- Drizzle over nearly cool cinnamon buns for the best appearance.